Saturday, March 29, 2008

MS Walk


This is not adoption related... but we participated in the MS Walk this morning. Although 6 of our 21 team members did not show, we had a great turnout. It was just a little chilly and the 3 mile walk flew by. I found myself getting emotional as we were walking - it was overwelming to see so many people out walking for the same reason we were: A CURE for this devestating disease. I'm sure even more so for Lindsey, but many times it feels to me that we are all alone with this disease. Most people don't even know what it is, let along the treatment details. Lindsey shared with me this afternoon that she felt the same way. She also said it was hard to be there and see people who were more advanced in the disease. A girl near Lindsey's age was out walking and having a hard time. I can't imagine watching her and wondering will that be me one day? My sister is the most brave girl I know. Please Lord, please give us (more) grace.

I contacted the agency we originally planned to go with about taking their Saturday PRIDE classes. Unfortunately I had not informed them we were going with another agency so I started out on the wrong foot and had to apologize for not informing them we'd changed our minds. Geesh. I swear if I were rich I'd send flowers to EVERY person we came in contact with in the adoption process. Wouldn't that make a difference, especially with females? Talk about having no adoption woes! I suppose you could send the guys some kind of meat basket or something :) Fortunately I don't have money for that, so I am forced once again to rely on God alone to intervene. This is fortunate because 1) He is faithful and 2) because my faith is strengthened.

Oh great, the song "Cinderella" by Steven Curtis Chapman (?) is on. Now I'm getting emotional again....

Father, please continue to watch over my kids, wherever they may be. I pray that somehow they can know someone who has never met them loves them very much.

No comments: