Monday, March 10, 2008

D, G & S

I always wonder how God fits people together. For those of us who can hardly keep up with birthdates, the way God has woven relationships for His purpose is nothing short of amazing. This weekend while helping friends move, we were told about a sibling group in another city that are in foster care. Having drug addict parents and living on the streets led CPS to put these three precious kids into foster care. And yes, I said THREE. Now before you ask me if I'm crazy, let me tell you that yes, we are! :) However we have always said we would be obedient if God led us. Greg and I both feel a burden for these kids and so we have agreed to pursue the situation. Adopting has always been the plan, which I will write more about later, so this isn't a complete surprise. Among wondering what these kids look like, how they behave, would they like us, we are also wondering: How will we keep them while I am student teaching? Where will we keep them? Can we afford them?
Then I remind myself that it couldn't have been easy for God to adopt me. Everytime I focus on me and not Him, everytime I fail to share His love with someone else because I'm afraid (ashamed?) , everytime I sin knowing what I do, I cause Him pain. I am a lot of trouble! Shoot, I am one of those kids in the eyes of others, but not to Him. Thank you Lord for putting up with me.
There are thousands and thousands of kids in foster care. If more Christians put up with the "trouble" of adopting, those kids would have families. Imagine the impact for God's Kingdom. I know I can't save the world, but maybe we can make a difference in the world of a few kids.
But enough drama for now. Please pray with us for God's will.

1 comment:

Instantly Mama said...

Yes, you're probably crazy but if it is a God-ordained crazy then it's the best possible place to be! Our "crazy" turned out really great and I am confident that if the Lord places these children in your home that He will give you what you need to love them and help them grow and thrive!