Friday, March 21, 2008

The Waiting Starts Early

Happy Easter! I was hoping for an early release from work today but that dream has died :)

I put in a call Tuesday evening to the Houston CPS Adoption office, and another one to D, G &S's last known social worker Wednesday afternoon. I haven't heard back from either of them. It's a little frustrating to me that the government is always crying about how they need foster and adoptive parents, yet CPS doesn't have the resources (organization?) to return calls. Months ago we filled out an online interest form for state adoption. Nearly a month later someone contacted us. And we wonder why these kids languish in foster care so long? Greg and I would like to know the "adoption status" of the kids before we commit to missing work and school to take the PRIDE classes. Our original plan was to wait until after I was done with school before we started the process, unless we ran into a God ordained situation. After speaking with the agency recruiter about the kids again, I am less certain that we would get them. She basically said that they would go into a "pool" and would be matched with potential parents. Anyone who expressed interest in them, like us, would be considered based on our homestudy, along with any other potential parent. Just 'cause we want them doesn't mean we'll get them! The agency recruiter warned me not to pin my hopes on these kids. I informed her that wasn't a problem, if God wanted us to have them, we'd get them. Until then, I know He knows who they are. She thought that was a great attitude to have :) -we'll see how I'm responding in a few months!!

So I guess we'll continue to prepare to take the classes next month until someone decides to call us back!

Until then it's time to focus on Jesus.... this weekend is about HIM, after all!

No comments: