Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Our Lovely State System - Answers

Okay! I called the "last known" case worker again yesterday - and she picked up the phone. I didn't ask her why she hadn't called me back previously :) Why bite the hand that feeds you... Anyway she gave me a number for another woman who finally got me in touch with the kids' case worker. Very nice lady... anyway the kids are available for adoption now. She did disclose that 2 were on medication, I didn't ask her which ones. Unfortunately this is bad for two reasons: 1) Hello! The kids are on mind altering medication! We're praying now that living in a safe, PERMANENT environment will take away the need and 2) This means I will have to be at the medications class which means I will have to miss TWO nights of class-a class I am barely passing as it is. I'm just hoping it's not the night of my last test. My teacher stated last night if we missed the test we were out of luck. I am hoping she will make an exception if necessary.

The two younger kids are in a home together, the oldest by himself. How lonely. I don't know why this is.... I have read that in some situations if the oldest child has been abused they will abuse the younger kids. I hope this is not the case! Greg and I are praying that God will begin to prepare us for challenges these kids (if they are going to be ours) might bring.

I still don't have any idea of our chances. I asked Greg what he wanted to do. His reply was in typical Greg fashion, "Let's do it anyway". I love my husband.

Another issue we are dealing with is space. We're also beginning to pray about selling our house and buying something bigger, or something Greg feels adding on to would be a good investment. This breaks my heart because we are still "fixing" up the house. Although it is a hodge-podge, it's ours and we've put a lot of sweat into the place!! However we both agree that keeping Lindsey with us will really help if we have THREE kids. Especially with the weird hours that Greg works. This means we need at least 4 bedrooms. I'm putting this one on God, it's too big for me to carry!

Holy smokes, we might be adding THREE kids to our house!

No comments: