Thursday, March 27, 2008

Problems... Satan or a Test, or Just Life?

One of the classes does fall on my exam date. I can possibly take the class through another agency but our recruiter made it clear that it was a lot of trouble. Adoption is a lot of trouble, but it's worth it. I'm going to contact another agency that only offers Saturday classes and ask if they will let me take the classes through them. This would solve a lot of problems for me, although I did want to take the classes with Greg. We'll I'm going to find out this afternoon, all they can do is say no!

Greg and I were discussing last night how bad the timing on this is. He just started a new job, I'm in the middle of a tough semester, I'm FINALLY going to be student teaching (I think), I won't be working after this summer.... it makes me wonder why now. Biblically we know that God allows Satan to have some "power" to challenge us.... could this be a test of faith? "Oh sure, Brandi, you've been telling everyone you're going to adopt, but now that we're here, can you go the distance?" Now that school is tough, now that finances are about to get really tight, now that Greg is gone all the time (or at least it feels like it). Now.

Oh yeah and the recruiter talked me into getting licensed to foster to adopt. Greg is going to kill me! She did assure me that there would be no pressure later if we don't want to do it - like I believe that. However if D, G & S fall through she said this would be the best way to adopt younger children if we decided later that is what we want to do.

No comments: