Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Classes are FINISHED and Papers are Written

So, if anyone has any choking issues or find yourself unable to breathe, give me a call! Greg and I are officially CPR certified. I have always wanted to learn CPR but never stopped and did it. Now I am completely prepared to perform the Heimlich Maneuver, so need to fear eating dinner at my house :)

It also looks like I am TB free so far. Always a good thing.

The CPR course included a first-aid "class". By the way, don't put butter on burns. Oh yes, I am so wise and full of information now, you'll all be calling me for my invaluable help with all your kids. Not! However I did learn that making a paste from baking soda and water will take the burn out of an insect bite. So will chewed tobacco, according to our instructor :)

My papers are written. I worked on one until 1 AM and woke up again at 6 AM to continue. I will confess: I finished it this afternoon at work. I know! I'm bad!

But I'm so glad to be done I don't care! I will turn them in at 5:30 and 7:00 then go home and do nothing.

It was really stressful but I'm glad we got all the classes done this month.

Of course now this frees up my schedule to get the house home study ready as well as a million other things.

If anyone loves yard sales we are having one at our church this Saturday. All proceeds go to missionaries. It's Sublett Road Baptist, in Arlington at the corner of Kelly Elliott and Sublett. If you can't find it let me know. I think our youth are also doing a car wash.

I'm also trying to brainstorm ideas for making new foster kids feel more comfortable and at home with us. One family gave me the idea of framing a photo of each kid on the wall as soon as you can. We also have some ladies at our church that can embroider names on fabric and I was thinking maybe personalized pillows would be cool, that the kids can take with them. A foster family that I worshipped with in Weatherford made garden stones with each child's hand print in them with their name. You can get kits at Michaels. I definitely think that is an awesome idea. And maybe signs for the bedroom door with their name on it. What else? I'm willing to try just about anything to help make the transition smoother for these kids.

No comments: