Friday, April 4, 2008

The Next Step

On April 15th we're supposed to meet the adoption recruiter at our house at 4:00 PM. Greg is NOT going to request time off for that afternoon, we've decided to let God work that out for us. If necessary we'll reschedule. We feel like Greg has already asked his Boss for a lot of time off, especially for someone just starting out, and we didn't want to ask for more. So if God wants this appointment to happen, it will! 4:00PM is the latest the recruiter would meet with us. I can't say I blame her, but... it makes it really difficult for working folk to meet all these requirements.

Our first adoption class is in 16 days!

In the meanwhile, I'm going to start gathering copies of drivers licenses, marriage certificates, and all of the many other items we have to turn in. We also have to get physicals done... I may try to schedule those now if they don't "expire" before the year is up.

I sent the kids Great-Grandmother a card returning the photos she sent me. I tried to give her a summary style update of where we are in the process. I don't want to get her hopes up on us getting the kids. It may be too late though.

I'm planning on calling the kids' social worker today for a checkup...

We're still praying about my exam date! And money! And room! And always for the kids....

Whew!

No comments: