Thursday, May 22, 2008

Updates....

Most people are wondering where we are on getting licensed.

We have a few more things to take care of:

Greg's fingerprint results
Greg needs a physical
We have to finish filling out our 23 page, long answer applications.
Do 5 hours of supervised childcare - we're still waiting on a list of families
Turn everything in.

Once everything is done, we'll be scheduled for a homestudy.

Once the homestudy is complete, the social worker needs time to write it up. Evidently it is 20+ pages about US. Boring, I know. Once our agency approves the homestudy it goes to CPS for approval.

In the meanwhile, we're still finishing stuff around the house and trying to get a room ready for the "kids".

_________________________________________

Another cool thing that happened...

One of the hardest things in preparing for the adoption has been giving up my office. In many ways it has been a sanctuary. When I study I need SILENCE. So I've been worried about moving our computer out into the kitchen (common family area).

Well my In-Laws bought me a laptop.

Yep.

How cool is that? How cool are they? I'm going to have to post a more flattering picture of them on the blog now :)

We are going to look into getting wireless internet so I can study and write anywhere I want in the house.

Thank you Mimi and Papaw!

No comments: