Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Update on D, G & S

***Note: if you have any contact with the kids' family, or anyone who does, specifically Ms. Edna, I'm asking that this NOT BE SHARED***

I talked to the CPS supervisor yesterday about the kids. The foster Mom who has the two younger children is considering adopting all 3. Evidently the oldest will come live with them this summer after school is out. The two younger kids are very attached to their foster Mom so this is great news for them.

I'll remind you that the foster parents have first choice once the parental rights are severed. This is why Greg and I are being licensed to foster-to-adopt. I asked the CPS Supervisor if I could check in with her again once we are licensed to find out what the foster Mom had decided and she said that was fine.

Please pray for this family and specifically for the oldest boy. If it's God's will that the kids be reunited within this family, I hope it is a smooth transition for them.

We have been praying for these kids - their picture is on our fridge. We want God's best for them, and if that is with another family we know that God has another child/children planned for us.

1 comment:

Instantly Mama said...

Awww, I'm sorry. I know what it's like when a child takes a piece of your heart, but for whatever reason they don't come to your home. I know God has the perfect children in mind for you. He will lead you to them (whether He works out this situation or if there are other kids He has planned for you).

Hugs. Are you okay?