Thursday, May 15, 2008

Blessings and Energy

The people who gave us the bunk beds are also including both mattresses. We got the futon mattress when we picked up the bed, then I got a text message yesterday saying we could have the twin mattress as well, it was too long for a regular bed. Ironically I was just discussing mattress shopping with Greg! Although I am the 2nd hand Queen, I do balk when it comes to items like used mattresses. However, I think it's different when you know the family they came from. Plus they can be cleaned and there are mattress covers. It's amazing how God is already providing for our needs!

Does anyone know if futons need twin or full sized bedding?

We kept our two great-neices this past weekend. It was fun AND extremely exhausting. It was a real eye opener to both Greg and I that we need to start getting in shape NOW. Oh, and I also now know that you should feed your kids before you put their church clothes on them! Geesh. We took the girls for pancakes Sunday morning and I thought I was going to have a heart attack watching 3 year old Astrid and 1 year old Ryah drop food on their new dresses :) I know, I know - eventually I'll get over stuff like that - but hey, that's my hard earned money! We took them to a place where we eat breakfast a lot... the girls behind the counter said, "Wow, we've never seen you bring your kids with you before". It was a little disturbing... where did they think we'd kept our kids?... but also very cool :)

I love it!

No comments: