Sunday, November 30, 2008

Homestudy #2 Complete - Now for the Wait!

Our second visit was over in less than 20 minutes. The social worker was great. We asked her what was next, and when we could expect placements. She said she would call me when we were approved and at that point we would be placed on a waiting list. I wish I had more information about the list, but I will try to find out when she calls. It would be nice to know how many people are on the list before us, how many want little babies, etc.

I have been working on the kids room. I found some things called "wall pops" that some of the teachers at my school use. They are like big stickers that stay sticky and peel on and off easily. I got them in dots and squares in green, orange, navy, and a combo of the three. I have been experimenting with them and will post pictures when I'm done. I also got khaki duvet covers and pillow shams for the bunk beds. My "plan" is to make coordinating throw pillows for the beds. We shall see, I am no Martha Stewart! I want the room to be colorful but low budget. That way if it gets torn up I won't be resentful about money spent.

Two more weeks of classes! I will be visiting the High School until December 19Th. I have a couple of projects to work on for this week. I should have done them during the Thanksgiving Break but I am a lazy girl.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, I know I did.

No comments: