Monday, October 13, 2008

Paperwork Completed and Turned In

Whew! We dropped our paperwork off at the agency today. Of course the recruiter is on a cruise until the 24Th so it will just sit on her desk until she gets back. That's okay though.

So maybe we'll have a home study in November and total approval in December or January. We are still debating on whether to accept placements while I am doing my student teaching. Honestly though, I can't imagine my residency will be any more difficult than my first year of teaching, so why put it off?

Now we need to prepare for the home study. We have a lot to get done on the house.

I was substitute teaching in a local elementary school when I came in contact with a 2nd grader there who is a foster child. He was very sweet to all of the special ed kids I was taking care of. However within 10 minutes the principal "set him off" and he threw a trash can at the principal. I have a feeling our life is going to be very interesting once we have a placement!

No comments: