Saturday, October 25, 2008

Homestudy Scheduled

November 15Th.

No big deal, I only have a mid-term, one major project and my content exit exam before then :)

Holy Smokes....

Our caseworker seems nice (as far as I can tell through e-mail). I just hope we can get the house ready before then!

I think we are bending toward getting the kids now. Again, the argument is: why would getting kids during my Residency (when I am still under the help and supervision of a mentor teacher) be any more difficult than my first year of teaching (on my own and from what I hear, very stressful)?

Or, if we're going for a "stress-free" time to adopt, we could just wait until AFTER my first year of teaching... no big deal, just another year and a half of waiting, right?

I don't think so! Keep in mind that it wouldn't just be us waiting, but our kids sitting in foster care, waiting for us.

Greg is getting older (he says so himself) and will be 40 before we know it. We are both ready and want kids. Having and raising them is stressful no matter when, so why not do it now?

However accepting any placements will not happen until Greg has a full-time job.

Did anyone watch 20/20 last night? There was a very disturbing story about a family who was in the process of adopting a little boy from foster care when he died of salt poisoning. The Mom was convicted of capital murder and given a life sentence. You can read more here. There is also a link on the website to the 20/20 special. Please pray for this Texas family, especially for the Dad who is home with their remaining five children.

No comments: