Tuesday, October 14, 2008

It's Home Study Time!

When we turned in our paperwork we were told the agency recruiter would not be back from her cruise. So we assumed our file would not be finalized until she came back.

Wrong!

I got a call from a nice lady named Becky who informed me of a few things we were missing from our file and our car insurance form had expired. I e-mailed everything to her, and she wrote back that our status was now "home study ready". So we could get a call at any time.

I really thought we wouldn't have to worry about a home study until late November or December. Don't ask me why....

Now I'm freaking out because we have a ton of things to do before our house is ready to be inspected. We need to child proof the place, replace a door, finish our molding in the living room, take down the ceiling fan in the kids' room and put up a new light fixture, get bedding, put locks on tons of doors and a few million other things that I can't think of right now.

Oh yeah, and I have tests and other school work to worry about as well :)

Greg is still looking for a job. The pool business is almost officially dead so he is ramping up for a serious job hunt. Please pray for him in this area. It would be really great if he found something before the home study.

But God is good, and He provides. And when it's all said and done, we are ready to be "Mom and Dad"!

1 comment:

Instantly Mama said...

Any chance he wants to be a cop? Scott's department is hiring like crazy! :) The health insurance stinks but the retirement is the best in the country.