Monday, December 14, 2009

Empty Nesters under 40

The kids are home with their parents. As of the December 11th, we have no more babies in the house. Ironically as much as I dreaded them going home, it's been a bit of a relief as well. In the past month the kids have been back and forth between our home and their parents, and haven't reacted well at all. We basically put them to bed at night and dropped them off at daycare in the morning.

Looking back, I know I would do it again. It was HARD but worth it. There are so many things I will do differently next time.... be more organized, serve God more while being a mother, put my husband before the kids, ask for more help. Fnd BALANCE.

We are enjoying our new freedom, but our arms feel so empty. We are back on the "waiting" list and have agreed to take in kids for short term respite (where other foster families get a much needed break from their kids) when the opportunity arises.

There were 33, 615 kids in foster care in 2008 - in Texas alone. Each month in Texas averaged 17, 974 kids. At the end of 2008, 6,375 kids were awaiting adoption. Here am I Lord, send me!

Read more about Texas foster care and the statistics I've listed here.

Please pray for our three babies - that they continue to be safe and are raised to love Jesus. We miss them so much.

No comments: