Saturday, January 24, 2009

Almost there... again!

I received an e-mail from our Social Worker this week saying our approval was in the works and could come any day now. She also apologized for how long things were taking. I told her everything was in God's timing and not to worry about it.

The more I think about becoming a parent the more I wonder what we've gotten ourselves into :) I wonder how selfish I will be with my time... we are used to doing what we want with our free time. I really like waking up when I want to wake up. Everything will change. However, the idea of NOT having kids in the house makes me so sad. I know it will be different/difficult/life altering but I believe it will be worth it.

By the way, I really like having a "kids room". Monday night we had some friends over, and both couples have toddlers. The first thing the boys wanted to know was, "Where are your toys?". We actually had some! Woohoo!

I had a "womanly" checkup done at the University clinic. They ran some tests and said that if they call me, there is a problem, otherwise, I could call a 1-800 number for my results. Friday someone from the clinic left me a message and asked me to call back. Great. I'm trying not to worry about it until I have a reason. Feel free to pray about this!! I won't be able to talk to anyone about my results until Tuesday.

Greg did NOT hear back about the job he applied for. He will keep calling until they tell him he was not chosen. I would expect an e-mail, phone call or letter from the company letting him know one way or the other, so maybe something went wrong in the hiring process. You never know, meanwhile he will continue to look.

1 comment:

waitingarms said...

Believe me, once the child/ren are in your home, you actually wonder what you did with your life before they were in your life. It is life altering, but in a very good way. Enjoy sleeping in if you can, because you can say goodbye to that on the weekends when all you want is an extra half hour of sleep! Amazing how a child's internal clock works! Can't get them to get up during the weekdays and they have no problem getting themselves up at 6:00 a.m. on the weekends :) But parenthood is a wonderful thing. Still praying for your husband that God would lead him to the right job that will be perfect for your family and the coming children.