Thursday, January 14, 2010

Seeds That Take Root

Last week when I was talking to the kids' Mom, she told me something that really made my day.

Evidently the oldest boy, who is 3-1/2, knows which days are "church" days. Every Wednesday when they get home from daycare, he asks if they are going to church. Unfortunately they have commitments on Wednesday evenings that can't be avoided. Not to be outdone, every Sunday morning he asks if they are going to church.

Mom laughed and told me that thanks to us, she is never going to get to sleep in on a Sunday again :)

All those Sunday mornings struggling to get three kids ready... the long Wednesday nights, sitting with that same oldest child in the car on the evenings he couldn't behave in church, all became worth it in that one moment.

It shouldn't take confirmation like that to make working for the kingdom worth it... but I loved it, and thank God for hearing it.

Good stuff!

No comments: