Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sick kids, Accusations and Reunification

Well we've had a couple of weekends of respite and were just starting to feel better when... both of the boys got sick. They have a viral infection in their mouths. This includes fever and mouth sores. Obviously they are miserable and can't eat. Because they are miserable we are miserable.

Also the kids mother accused us of scalding the baby... she has dry skin around her wrists and ankles, and Mom thought those spots looked like burned skin that is healing. Don't ask. I took the baby to the ER for 4 hours so a dr. could confirm that she had, in fact, dry skin. The investigation should be concluded soon.

Lastly we are attending a reunification meeting next Friday regarding returning the kids to their Mom. Just when things were getting easier, we find out they are leaving.

Although we are heart broken at the thought of these three leaving, we will definitely not be taking three kids at one time again.

This is the most difficult thing I've done in my life. I hope that the next placement "sticks" and we can finally foster-to-adopt.

On a brighter note, I graduated last Saturday! It was awesome. Now I just need to find a teaching job.....

Happy Birthday tomorrow to my husband, my soul mate and the love of my life.

No comments: