Saturday, March 7, 2009

Two's Company, Three's a Crowd :)

Yes, three.

They should be here Monday afternoon: 5 months (girl), 1-1/2 and 2-1/2(boys).

I am freaking out a little.... but I am peaceful as well. Greg is a mountain of confidence. I never dreamed we would get so many young children - if any at all. They have been described as "a handful". I went to meet them Thursday evening and they are all adorable.

Unfortunately we will be their third home since coming into foster care in January.

I went to Wal-mart last night, but had no idea what to buy. I had asked my grandmother if I could have her crib if I ever needed it, but never seriously thought I would end up with an infant. Now I am just praying that three car seats will fit in my backseat!

Please pray for us... my biggest concern is not the children themselves, but taking care of three while trying to finish up my degree (May 17th ya'll!). Student teaching has been a challenge (a good one) and picking up three kids and taking them home does present an issue :) Fortunately I have a wonderful husband, sister, mother-in-law and countless friends to help.

Speaking of help, I already have about five car seats en route, a baby bath, pack-n-play and stroller. Woohoo! The kids also come with clothes, diapers, formula, etc. Their parents bring clothes, diapers and wipes for them when they see them each week.

I agreed to do respite this weekend for what I thought was an 18 mo. baby boy. It turns out that Arthur is actually 12 mo., but he has been so much fun. Such a happy baby!

I have to try to "CPS-ify" my house so I'll post more later.

1 comment:

waitingarms said...

Three? Wow! It is such a blessing how everyone just comes together and somehow you get all the baby supplies you need. Is this a foster situation or a possible adoption? Praying that your studies go well. May will be here in no time at all - time will just fly with the three kiddos!

Blessings.