Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Same 'Ole Same Here


Nothing new to report on the adoption front. We are still waiting on Greg's physical and application. The really bad news is I had Greg 1/2 way through his application and now I can't find it. Anywhere. Looks like we might be starting over - not good!

In the meanwhile, we set up the bunk beds, managed to break the zipper on the futon mattress and my fabulous mother-in-law repaired it. Seeing those beds in the office is so eerie. It makes me believe that we may actually have kids in there one day! My next move is to clean out my closet, move Greg and I into one dresser (pray for us, please! hehe!) and move our office furniture into our bedroom.

I think we have narrowed our age range from newborn to 12. Actually we said 6 months to 12 years.... but if a new baby comes, so be it :) With those age limitations we are open to any race or gender. We are going to limit ourselves to sibling groups of two. I would love to do more, but I don't want to push things with student teaching and school. In a perfect world we would get one older child and their toddler sibling. While we are definitely burdened for older kids, we would love to have at least one "baby" (2 or younger).

I am also preparing to give notice at work NEXT FRIDAY. I am a nervous wreck. I've had a job since I was 14.... and I really don't like being broke. It's funny because the A/C on my car is going out ($300?) and Greg needs some kind of valves on his truck ($1000?). I told him either God is helping us out BEFORE I'm unemployed or Satan really doesn't want me in the classroom and is trying to scare us - Or maybe I am giving my teaching skills too much credit there :)

Last but not least, Greg is considering a job change. This is scary mostly because of health insurance... neither of us will have any for awhile. I'm praying that his new job has instant or quick benefits. And that he will enjoy what he does.

Father, I know that You are in charge and know exactly what we need. Forgive me for my lack of faith!

"O Lord Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in you" - Psalm 84:12

No comments: