Tuesday, July 15, 2008

New Stuff Needed, and More Drama







CPS is now requiring four additional items in the application process:

Documentation of Education
Documentation of Verifiable Income
Photograph of all sides of your home
Last 10yrs of residence

Interesting. Of course I wrote our agency back asking exactly what forms or copies she wanted for "documentation of education".... and does a pay stub equal verifiable income? Just make a list of our residences in the last 10 years?

I'm sure I'm making things more complicated than they really are. But geesh, photographs of ALL sides of our house? Just curious, WHY? Do they need just one set of photographs?

But we'll do it.

As far as drama, Greg is looking for a new job. And I am giving notice here this Friday. So we may both be unemployed soon and ineligible for foster care anyway!

Of course this is all in God's hands. We are willing to do whatever He wants, and know He will provide.

Oh, and the good news is that Greg's application has been located. Whew! So we will finish that up and he will go to the Dr. under threat of bodily harm from me!!

On a lighter note, we got to keep our great-niece this weekend. She was a hoot. I can see why people don't want to take on sibling groups, one is definitely easier. I think that 2 is definitely a max for us until I'm done student teaching. One was hard enough... she snuck into the office, found a permanent marker I'd left on the desk ( I know, DUH!), and marked her face. Luckily I caught her just in time and managed to SCRUB it off. Her next escapade included "brushing" her hair with my round brush and getting it stuck. I know this sounds terrible but I did get pictures of her with the hairbrush. She is looking at me like, "Aunt Brandi, WHAT are you DOING?".

Good times.

When she left the house was really quiet. Whenever the Lord wants to send those kids, I think we're ready :)

No comments: