Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Three Years Ago Today




On August 6, 2005 at 3PM I walked down the aisle and married the man of my dreams.

It really does seem like yesterday.

I woke my parents and sister up at 6 AM. I couldn't sleep and thought we should all go to breakfast. Although no one was really happy with me at the time I think we can all look back on that last "family" meal (minus Greg) together with fondness.

Looking back, one thing that is clear to me now is how naive I was about marriage. That girl in the white dress was not only thinner (ha!) but very idealistic. I have been surprised at how difficult marriage is - but so worth the work!

I can also see looking back how God prepared Greg and I for marriage and for each other. It was worth the wait and in God's perfect time.

Happy Anniversary to my mate, my Macho Man, my friend, and my forever love. I wouldn't trade these three years for anything.


Love,
Brandi

1 comment:

Instantly Mama said...

Happy Anniversary! :)